Some 37 Lincolnshire companies have made the list of the 200 fastest growing businesses in the East Midlands.
The East Midlands Top 200 Report, now in its fifth year, provides the region’s only in-depth study into the fastest growing companies by key sector and performance indicators, delivering a barometer of overall economic performance.
The full list, revealed at a series of breakfast events on Thursday, June 22, showed a combined regional annual turnover of £1.9 billion, operating profit of £1.5 billion, almost 100,000 employees and an average operating profit margin of 9.50%
Almost 20% of the 200 businesses that made it onto the list were from Lincolnshire.
The highest ranking company in the county was Lincoln-based construction firm Gelder Group.
Steve Gelder, Gelder Group CEO, said: “July 2014 saw us, with some assistance from HRH The Princess Royal, launch a three year, 2017 Vision for the Gelder Group.
“We are now at the conclusion of three years hard work which has re-energised the business and transformed our fortunes.
“Numerous local and national awards for customer service, the quality of our product and the amount of apprentices we employ have been secured and now we learn that we are Lincolnshire’s fastest expanding company – it’s been a remarkable period.
“I’d like to take this opportunity to thank our hard working staff, committed Senior Management Team and customers, it’s been a great past 12 months, thank you!”
The full list of Lincolnshire companies and their ranking on the list is as follows:
- Gelder Group Holdings Limited (21)
- Brayford Plastics Ltd (24)
- Plaza Investments Ltd (25)
- Redshank Ltd (30)
- Vacu-Lug Traction Tyres Limited (32)
- Mark Bates Limited (34)
- Q.K (Holdings) Limited (36)
- T Balfe Construction Limited (37)
- Martin Duckworth Limited (38)
- Henry Bell Holdings Limited (39)
- Flying Hire Ltd (42)
- Bullimores Sand and Gravel Limited (45)
- Acis Group Limited (48)
- B.A.Bush & Son Limited (57)
- The Quality Furniture Company Limited (78)
- Robsons of Spalding Limited (86)
- Hortons of Horncastle Limited (90)
- Pilgrim Foodservice Limited (95)
- Woodthorpe Hall Garden Centres Limited (101)
- Hopkins Group Limited (107)
- Freshlinc (Spalding) Limited (117)
- Pennell’s Holdings Limited (134)
- Vale Garden Houses Limited (136)
- Worldwide Fruit Limited (141)
- Warners Group Publications PLC
- Bailey Trailers Limited (145)
- Ellis Bros (Contractors) Limited (147)
- Elsoms (Spalding) Limited (150)
- Pedersen Contracting Services Ltd (154)
- Fesa (UK) Limited (157)
- Ambitions Personnel Limited (158)
- Prestons of Sleaford Limited (169)
- Direct Leisure Supplies Limited (178)
- A H Worth and Company Limited (181)
- Rimmer Bros. Limited (184)
- Moulton Bulb Company Limited (191)
- European Support Services (UK) Limited (194)
- Limes Estates Limited (197)
The East Midlands Top 200 Report is produced by the East Midlands office of financial and business advisors Grant Thornton UK LLP in partnership with CBI.
Its findings also indicated Lincolnshire is investing more in research and development than any other East Midlands county, potential down to its strong agricultural and manufacturing heritage.
Mark Pashley, Director at Grant Thornton’s East Midlands regional office, said: “Given the tight criteria for sustained profit growth required for companies to be included on the East Midlands Top 200 Report, it is testament to the strength of the regional economy that so many companies qualified.
“The detailed analysis uniquely ranks businesses based on their profit growth over a three-year period – from 2013 to 2016 for this year’s report – to give us the most insightful snapshot of the health of the East Midlands’ economy.”