Businesses in North Lincolnshire are being encouraged to bid for a share of a multi-million pound government funding pot.
Some £15 million is being made available through Innovate UK to develop novel products and services.
Businesses can also apply for a share of a further £10 million for work on projects with graduates.
Applicable projects can range from short feasibility studies to longer industrial research or experimental development projects, however there must be a potential for commercialisation or economic impact.
- The competition opens on March 1, 2018 and the deadline for applications is May 9, 2018
- Projects must be led by a business working alone or in collaboration with other organisations or researchers
- The expectation is for projects to range in size between £25,000 and £1 million and to last between six months and three years
- Businesses could attract up to 70% of their total project costs
- Innovative ideas can come from any sector or technology area and at any time
Businesses also have the opportunity to apply for a share of the £10 million for Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs).
KTPs allow businesses to benefit from a partnership with an academic institution and a recent graduate with relevant expertise to work on a specific innovation project.
Councillor Waltham said: “I want to encourage innovation in businesses across North Lincolnshire.
“I’d encourage them to have a look at how they can access a share of these grant monies. I wish them well with any applications.
“I welcome that the government are supporting business in our area to grow and employ people.”
For more details, click or tap here.