Valentine’s Day may be over but the romance is not dead for one Lincoln restaurant as it has been awarded the title of the UK’s favourite romantic restaurant.
Following a nationwide poll hosted by Holiday Lettings from TripAdvisor, The Lincoln TapHouse and Kitchen has beaten restaurants in York, Bath and Cambridge for the top spot.
The poll asked members of the public to vote for their favourite restaurant from a shortlist of 10 UK restaurants, these included:
- Lincoln Taphouse and Kitchen, Lincoln (405 votes)
- The View Restaurant, Dundee (302 votes)
- Roger Hickman’s Restaurant, Norwich (162 votes)
- The Oxford Kitchen, Oxford (69 votes)
- Green Park Brasserie, Bath (61 votes)
- Brasserie Blanc, Winchester (40 votes)
- Cote Brasserie, Salisbury (9 votes)
- The Galleria Restaurant, Cambridge (8 votes)
- The Mustard Seed, Inverness (4 votes)
- La Tasca Restaurant, Durham (2 votes)
The TapHouse recently introduced outside dining igloos to the rooftop terrace restaurant on St Paul’s Lane, offering exclusive views of the cathedral and Lincoln Castle.
Charley Delahey, General Manager at the Lincoln Tap House and Kitchen told Lincolnshire Business: “We are thrilled to have won.
“The domes are very romantic and a perfect spot.
“People can expect amazing views of the castle and cathedral and an exclusive cocktail range so they can enjoy a nice drink alongside the a la carte dining menu at our restaurant.”